The Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson, a state-of-the-art and award winning facility, seeks newly-graduated veterinarians or those veterinarians seeking advanced training for a 12-month rotating internship.
You will train under the guidance of our specialists in Dentistry, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging (Ultrasound/CT/MRI), Emergency/Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Radioactive Iodine 131 Therapy for Feline Hyperthyroidism, Radiology, Rehabilitation Therapy, Surgery and the Valley Fever Center for Excellence.
Finally, there is a specialty veterinary hospital that truly deserves to be called “special.” Our 32,000 square foot hospital is setting a new standard for veterinary care. Every element of VSCT, from the light-filled spacious lobbies and outdoor garden space to our technologically advanced MRI, spiral CT scanner, and digital radiography suites was designed with comfort and care in mind. A large 125 seat auditorium provides space to foster an environment of education and development to the veterinary professional and pet-owning community. Two warmly designed comfort rooms, one with an attached memorial garden provide a peaceful, home-like environment for visitations or saying goodbye to a beloved pet. Below are some fun and interesting facts about our state-of-the-art facility:
- VSCT opened to serve southern Arizona’s pets, pet owners and primary care veterinarians on July 19, 2004 with 10,000 square feet offering multi-specialty medical, surgical and 24/7 emergency services. Our building expansion, completed in November of 2010 brought our total hospital square footage to just over 32,000 square feet making us the largest multi-specialty veterinary hospital under one roof in the state of Arizona.
- VSCT is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – we never shut down. VSCT’s doctors are here for you and your pet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year because we reside locally, are not outside consultants, and do not work in multiple hospitals or locations. As such, we offer a greater variety of board-certified specialty veterinarians compared to any other specialty hospital in southern Arizona.
Our 32,000 square foot, two-level hospital has:
- 16 patient examination/consultation rooms all equipped with computers for retrieval of patient information and presentation of digital diagnostic images (x-rays, ultrasounds, CT and MRI scans)
- 4 surgical suites with viewing windows
- A separate dental/oral surgical suite
- Two digital radiology suites, two ultrasound suites and dedicated rooms for our in-house MRI (the first and only one for pets outside of Phoenix) and in-house helical CT scanner.
- A large central ICU with in-house laboratory, oxygen cages, and a respiratory ventilator for pets.
- Dedicated patient wards for cats only, small dogs, and large runs for large dogs, along with an isolation ward to quarantine pets with contagious illnesses.
- I-131 (radioactive iodine) suite for treatment of hyperthyroidism in cats complete with observation cameras.
What We Offer: We offer excellent mentorship and training to prepare you for a career or for a future residency program. As a successful intern, you will be able to thoroughly work up, diagnose, and treat difficult and complicated emergency and critical care cases.
Salary: $32,320 + benefits
$150 CE allowance
One week paid vacation
Premium for professional liability insurance; DEA and AZ licensure fees; VIN membership and scrub allowance are also included.
Apply Now. To apply for this internship, you must:
- Be an American citizen or hold a valid visa for the entire internship program period.
- Have a DVM or equivalent degree.
- For foreign graduates, have successfully completed the Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) certification program or the PAVE program. Have successfully completed the NAVLE.
- Must obtain Arizona State license prior to start of internship.
NOTES: 4 openings